Tuesday 10 May 2011

Hide & Seek, a Photoshoot and a Fundraising Gala.


Well plenty has been going on since the last post.

Mothers day was really lovely. I got some beautiful new jammies that i did not get out of all day. We kicked the morning off with present opening in bed, a super delicious hot buffet breakfast, courtesey of my darling, followed, naturally, by a game of hide in seek in teams. Robbie didn't think of hiding for real to begin with, (throwing a towel over himself in the corner of the room), but as the game went on he began to get quite creative, to the point where we couldn't find him for ages. It was such great fun, Hide and seek is a winner for all ages, I defy you not to giggle when the seeker walks right past you!!

Robbie's genius hiding spot


Last night with the help and encouragement of my sister I finally got 95% of the products photographed and uploaded to the website…Yay, some progress at last. It was a fun activity but very, very time consuming.  The only listed product online that is currently without some photos, is the premium banners for each range. They should be up in a week.

The big sis helping set up for the Baby Shower shoot


This week, I was approached to donate some products for a fundraising gala for the Geelong Hospital. The Gala is called Bronte’s Ball and aims to raise funds for the oncology treatment room, saving the kids and their families from having to travel to Melbourne for treatment. Bronte, whom the gala is named after is a local to Ocean Grove. Robbie's dad has lived  in Ocean Grove for around 25 years or more & Robbie grew up in Geelong, so it was nice to be giving back to a community from which he came. 

 I felt honored to contribute and will be putting together an exclusive party kit, that is not currently available on the website. I will keep you updated with how that goes and hopefully they raise a ton of money and ease an already difficult time for the kids and their families.

Last of all, I submitted the professional photos that were taken at my sisters hens, to a party showcasing website and we were chosen as one of the featured parties, check out the link here.

Well it's only Tuesday and already I am busy busy busy. This weekend I have a friends little boys 1st birthday party and I am doing the paper pieces for this and also helping with set up, (I bought some cute trucks to use as cupcake stands for the party)....oh yes a little baking too. I am going to be using the race car range of products there. I will be taking some pics and will share them here with you next post, Might be the first addition to the 'Real Parties' section of the LilySky website too.


It's interesting. I discovered a passion for creating the paper goods from the numerous American mum blog sites who were showcasing parties and sharing ideas, designs and tutorials. However, the party culture here in Australia is quite different from America and I think that is where LilySky will translate better here than importing the goods from America. There is an air of pomposness....(is that a word?)...an over the top feel to many of their themes and designs, particularly for the little kids parties. They can often be 'a little too much' for our more down to earth attitudes, (which echo through all classes). That being said I don't believe we don't want gorgeous and fun, even extravagant well designed pieces and parties, but I do believe this would be best achieved by a 'native', hmmm a token one at that ;) - huh I bet many of you haven't even thought that much about parties, party goods and party attitudes, well there you go, I did warn you  'A love of all things party' perhaps it should read, 'An obsession with all things party' lol.  

All that being said, be sure to check out all the new photos on the website at LilySky.  If you know anyone thinking about planning an upcoming party, do send them my way. Kids party or not. There is a small existing range of goods on there at the moment but I love to come up with custom pieces for crazy themes so i can create anything from scratch!

Have a great rest of the week all. Hopefully we see a lil more sunshine and a lot less rain.......Oh and i will be creating the 'mandatory' facebook page this week, you know you want to be a friend to LilySky!!                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment