Monday 2 May 2011

Those creeping fears, a mini update and a random photo!!

It's been quite a while since my last blog. I must admit it is for a variety of reasons but one of the main ones is that i had decided that blogging was not quite as popular here as it is overseas, also, finding the time to blog was tricky so i had assumed finding the time to sit down and read one would be equally challenging. Particularly for my fellow SAHmummies.

Despite this I have decided to continue with it, perhaps it was just one of those many negative and procrastinating  thoughts that allowed me to escape the guilt of not keeping up with it, the reality is, there is no reason why i can't succeed.... There is no reason anyone of us can't succeed. Of course you  just have to  give it a go!....hmm wow, i didn't expect this paragraph to become an exercise in self help, but oh well - there it is lol. I guess I have been feeling those creeping fears of failure lately, but I am quick to dissolve them before they take hold and  my mind starts believing it!



I am focusing all and any spare time i have on making the lilysky website visually appealing aswell as functional. I am trying to really get the products up  there, I have a range of goods completed and am arranging a photoshoot this week, I mean you can't shop online without the pics!!! So hopefully there will be better and more pics up by the end of the week. The Melbourne child magazine - Party Issue is currently being distributed, so this means that I will be getting more traffic through the site and who knows a bunch of orders too!!

Random picture insert time:
This is the kit kat m&m cake i made for my nephews 14th birthday this year, so simple, (especially after working on fondant covered cakes), but still so effective and DELISH!!! here is where i got the idea and the tutorial too.

I just bought some really cute clip art and digital paper last week and am using that to form my new 'Sweet Spring' range of paper goods/party supplies. It's really cute graphics are perfect for a baby shower and another set being created now, perfect for a 1st birthday party, (that range, the Lil Giraffe range, should be online by end of the week). Check out the new baby shower “Sweet Spring” range here.

Time to move off topic, although this blog was primarily about my ‘LilySky journey’ it was also just a journal of sorts too. This week after scouring my usual blogs for party inspiration, I noticed many of them were showing rooms in their homes and wow, they all look like they were set up just for a magazine cover!! Which got me thinking and those creative juices flowing….Most of the rooms in my house could do with a bit of styling, now its about finding the funds and the time!!  

Random picture insert time:
I love in this pic of this old kitchen the turqouoise wall covered in framed prints and the little prints just above the bench space.



I have been insanely busy this week, working on expanding the lilysky range, getting the website up and looking good, I am helping out a girlfriend with her upcoming 30th, I have a little mans 1st birthday coming up in two weeks, his family are race car mad, (sprint car racing to be exact!) and his lovely mummy has let me come in and use my race car range at his party to shoot some photos of the range for the website. I will be sure to share the pics with you here.

May 2011 edition of Melbourne child magazine


 

Hope you are all having a great week, Hump day tomorrow. Be sure to check out the party edition of Melbourne child and keep your eyes peeled for my ad. I am offering free postage this month anywhere in Australia in honor of my first print ad. I hope to get a facebook page up in the next few weeks, I just want to ensure the website is ready and looking great before I stream even more traffic that way. Although it is under construction, www.lilyskyparties.com.au is up and displaying new products daily. You are able to purchase immediately.


Have a great week all.

No comments:

Post a Comment