Tuesday 26 April 2011

Easter and the new site is up

Hello all, I hope you have had a wonderful easter and gorged yourselves on chocolates just like you were a kid all over again. We had a great easter. No big plans, but a nice quiet house, after months of mayhem.


Actually, there was a slight mis-communication and on easter Sunday morning when Robbie woke me up - at 4.30 no less ggrrrr - to ask where the girls eggs were, (to place on the ends of their beds), it dawned on me that I had not bought any. The day before Robbie had shown me a gift each he had bought the girls (which were supposed to accompany the eggs I had bought), we had a brief discussion about not going overboard with the amount of hunting eggs and so off I went and bought just a small bag of hunting eggs and nothing else.

So on Sunday early early morning when I realised they only had a little gift for the ends of their beds I felt so dreadful. Now I am not sure how everyone else celebrates and how much each of you all consider is enough, but for me, I try to emmulate my childhood easters, birthdays and christmases as they were so special and I remember loving them so much and want that for my kids. Long story short I had not recreated an easter morning like the ones we used to wake too and it had me feeling so sad and guilty. After a few tears, (which I also attribute to the ungodly hour!), Robbie hopped in the car and went down to the service station - 5am- and bought the girls each a couple more eggs for the ends of their beds.









I re-read this paragraph and can imagine the groans and eye rolling some may feel when reading the above sentiment and the critical belief of how commercial and consumerist and essentially unimportant my concerns seemed. All I can say is that I had an expectation of how I wanted the girls to experience their easter, we are not religious so the celebration for us is purely easter bunnies, dad being at home for an extended period and lots of yummy chocolate. The latter was where I felt I had failed. lol OK rant over, perhaps I have mistaken my nice safe blog for one of those parenting forums where soap boxes are ever present!

After that unpleasant start to the day, the kids woke, and off they went out to the backyard to check if the easter bunny had bought any yummy treats. Which of course, he had!

I gave myself most of the long easter weekend off, partly procrastinating and partly well deserved...lol.
On Sunday night I decided to get back to it and get this website up and running. After a few hiccups and trying my very best to figure out dns hosting and other such boring but necessary tasks, I saw my site go live last night...so here is the link: www.lilyskyparties.com.au



At this early stage, the products catergory is fairly limited till I can get some photos taken of the paper goods. I am currently designing some generic but hopefully wide reaching themed goods to add to the collection. At the moment only the rainbow range of goods feature as they are the only photos of the products I have available.

The Melbourne child magazine comes out early may, so be sure to grab yourself a copy, they are free and are such an excellent resource for ideas on where to take the kids when you have exhausted all the usual suspects. I often forget and will randomly pick up a copy and find so much information, everytime I wonder why I wait so long between issues!

Well it's back to it tommorrow, kindy starts back, which I know Skyla is so looking forward to, Robbie is back at work, (not quite as enthusiastic) & me, well I finally get my house back, my routine with the kids and can now implement some much needed work time around our usual running household.


Hope you all have enjoyed your time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment